Letting go takes a lot of strength, and very often it has nothing to do with being weak. Letting go and walking away is not for the faint hearted, it’s for those who finally realise what they deserve, and what they are worth and those who decide that they deserve something better than what they have currently. Those who know their worth get the strength to do what they have to do.
This could be the people in your life and it could be habits that you are accustomed to. Here are 10 things that you should know, when it comes to letting go and living the life you deserve:
1. The past can invade your presence and “unpretty” it if you let it – you can spend an obscene amount of time, from hours, to days to weeks and even months trying to figure out some situation that is in your past, torturing yourself about what could have been or what should have been. Alternatively, you can leave it all to be, and make the choice to walkout, let it be and get some fresh air and prepare for what is to be in your life.
2. Everyone and everything in your life is not all meant t0 stay – There will be things in your life that you hope do not happen but you have to accept it when they do, there will be things that you don’t want to go through but you have to learn about and there will be people that you cannot live without , where your heart gets broken when they leave that you have to say goodbye to. Some of these things and some of these people are in your life so that you can learn and grow from them.
3. Those who are happy also have their fair share of problems, they just deal with them better – We tend to focus on what we do not have instead of looking at what we have been blessed with. Isn’t it time you started looking at the things that you still have instead of focusing on those that you have lost. “Because it’s not what the world takes away from you that counts; it’s what you do with what you have left.”
4. Do the very best that you can and surrender the rest – Being hard on yourself f does not really benefit you. All you should strive for is to be the very best that you can be and do the best that you can, embrace your mistakes and the lesson that you learn from them.
5. Your control is only effective on one person:you – stop worrying about controlling everything else that you cannot control. You can only control you and the things you do, say , go and all. Letting go is part of accepting that there is only so much of what you can do, and that you cannot control what the people in your life do.
6. What feels right for you may feel wrong for others – and in the same token what feels right for them may rub you up the wrong way. Put yourself first, and you can be sure that others will be doing that. No reason to beat yourself down because you are scared to offend someone. Not to say go out there and be selfish, but put yourself in a place which will not compromise the things you want or are striving for.
7. It is a fact that some people will refuse to embrace you for who you are – be true to who you are and what you believe in. Yes not everyone will like you or what you stand for, but you can be proud knowing that those that do are digging you for you.
8. Relationships can only thrive on the truth – sometimes it will be necessary for you to have hard conversations with your partner, conversations that will get all the smiles gone and at times revealing the truth that can make you cry. Though sad, you will have a relationship that honours the truth, and as a result it will be based on a positive foundation instead of false perfection.
9. You have a choice, you can make great decisions for your life or you can make excuses – Life will not be perfect all the time, and you will make a mistake sometimes as you navigate through it. However, the mistakes you make can be lessons for you, and the only time that they will count as failures is when you turn the other way instead of correcting them and turning them from negative to positives.
10. Sometimes letting go and walking way is the only way to move forward – you can only explain yourself so many times, after which time you just need to realise that that person will never understand you. Sometimes you realise that walking away is you accepting that your time is just not worth you explaining yourself over and over again, because no good will come off it. At times, it is walking away that you can see progress in your life.
Those are the 10 Things You Should Know Before Letting Go. Sometimes you have to let go off it all, and you have to dig deep inside yourself to do that so that you emerge a better person on the other side.