Tips to get up early in the morning – Waking up early in the morning is a huge challenge to me, and to many others out there. Here are some tips that will help you to wake up early and actually manage to get out of bed. It is the same tips that I am using to get up earlier :
- You need to have a strong reason why you need to get up early – it is very easy to decide that you will wake up early, only to have you sleep even after the alarm clock has rung. This is because there isn’t an important enough reason to get up and this changes completely when then there is a strong reason that needs you to get up early.
- Cut out the things that affect your sleep pattern – common ones are coffee and alcohol, which can affect your sleep and make you sleep poorly. If you don’t sleep well, you will find it hard to wake up on time.
- Make the change slowly – if your normal waking time is 09h00, it will be difficult for you to wake up at 06h00. 08h30 is much more achievable, so make changes that you will be able to stick to.
- Share your goal with those you live with – sharing what you are trying to do with others will make you more accountable to it.
- Create urgency that will push you to get up – Put your most important things for your day for morning, as this will force you to get up and get organized. This could take the form of an important meeting, where cancellation is not allowed or it should be something you cannot miss.
- Get a wake up buddy – this can work really well if one of your friends or a family member wants to wake up early too. You can encourage each other and wake up together.
- Go to bed early – if you want to wake up early well rested, then you should go to bed early. If your plan is to wake up at 5am, then going to bed at 02h00 in the morning will be setting yourself up for failure.
- Set your alarm at different times – so that it wakes you up until you actually get out of bed, so that you do not only rely on the snooze button.
- Do not put your alarm clock next to the bed – make sure that you have to get out of bed to get to it, as this will force you to wake up. Once you make the effort of getting up, just do not go to bed.
- Set your alarm 10 minutes or 5 minutes before you are supposed to get up – use the time to prepare for the day ahead and think about what you are trying to do.
- Do this daily – doing it daily will establish it as a habit, and your body will get used to doing that, instead of trying to wake p at different times of the day.
Use the tips the best for you and keep forming this habit until you succeed. If there are other tips that help you wake up early, please share with us in the comment section.
Share This : please tweet this article and share on facebook.