Before a child can walk, they have to learn to crawl, and before they can run, they have to learn how to walk. In the process of them trying to walk, they fall over and over again, and this does not make them to stop trying. Mistakes or getting something wrong is a great opportunity to learn how not to do something. It takes a lot of failing to be successful, and every step you take, is part of the journey that will get you to be successful in time.
Here are 12 truths that should keep you motivated to go for what you want, no matter how many times you fail:
1. It’s ok to fail and it will be ok – Getting to where you want is not necessarily going to be easy, however, it is going to be a process. It’s ok to fail, just make sure that that failure is not permanent, and the way you do that is to get up and keep pressing on. Take some time out of you need to, to process that failure and get the lessons that you were supposed to learn from it. Do not let that failure dictate the rest of your life, and do not give it power. Great things are still on the way for you, so don’t be stuck in failure mode. You can fail today, but tomorrow gives you another opportunity to shine.
2. Without failure, there is no success – Rather try and fail than not trying at all. At least when you fail, you are learning something as you reach for your dreams, than to have a life of regrets because you never tried anything.
3. Thinking positively will create the positive results that you are looking for – If you detest something in your life, change it. If you cannot change it, the next best thing is to change your attitude towards it. None of us can control some of the things that happen to us or that we have to go through, we can only control the way we react to them. If you are going to be miserable, it is because you have chosen to take that path and made the choice to be miserable. Think positive thoughts, and positive things will happen in your life. Negative thoughts are poisonous, and if you look around you will notice that great things happen to those who expect positive results.
4. Success is much closer than you think – The failures that you go through and the challenges that you face and the mistakes that you make should motivate you to keep pressing forward. They should be the stepping stones to get to where you want to go, and the lessons that you learn along the way you will use in your life. Most times, we give up at the time when success is soo close, but because we cannot see it we decide to walk away and stop fighting for what we want. Keep pressing on, don’t quit. Do not give up and you will reap the rewards.
5. Your mistakes do not define you – you are a beautifully made human being, with a lot to offer life. You are not your mistakes, you are not the things that you have failed at and you are not the challenges that you face. Your yesterday does not define you, and it does not define your tomorrow. Whatever the past has been, your future is filled with great possibilities, and it is up to you to grab them and create the life that you want.
6. Life’s lessons are not planned – we cannot plan the lessons that life teaches us, they come at the times when we least expect them. Most times, they will come from the most worst mistakes that we make, but that is ok. There is no handbook of how to live life, so we make mistakes and we fall along the way. All that is ok, accept it and get on with your life and you are closer to having all that you dream of come true.
7. The mistakes we make are rarely as bad as we make them out to be – We always react to our mistakes like they are earth shattering, or like they have messed up everything in our lives, and it is hardly like that. One setback should never be allowed to cast a darkness over your entire life, because even in your darkest days, there are still things to be thankful for and to smile about.
8. Sometimes life does not give us what we want for a reason – though we get devastated when we don’t get what we want, sometimes, it is for great reasons that life will not just hand over what we want. It is because of this that we can re-think our goals, that new doors can open. At times, it is because something bigger is coming our way. It really can be a blessing in disguise.
9. You can create your own happiness – do not get stuck on the failures or the challenges that you experience, press forward and create the happiness that you want in your life. Do not wait around for something to happen, or wait around for someone to come along and make you happy. The happiness you are craving for is already inside of you, as true happiness comes from the inside.
10. Do not overlook the progress that you have made so far – Whether you fail at something, you have made progress. You have taken steps to be where you are and there are things that you have learned that you did not know before. You tried something and that definitely counts for something. Start over if you have to, but acknowledge the strides that you have taken already.
11. Life goes on – life will not stop just because you made a mistake or because you failed at something. Yes it is painful when it happens, but years later you will look back on them and smile, because they will have played a part in getting you where you will be. Good and bad things will happen, you might get sad, but you will also smile. So embrace life for what it is, keep pressing on. Whatever happens, remember that life does go on, so go on with it.
These truths are what you should remember in the midst of failure. It is these failures that will build you up to the amazing and successful person that you become, so embrace them. Keep your goals in front of you, and no matter what happens, keep pressing forward.
Photo by: Colton Mitt
Please share this post if you have enjoyed. Share it if you feel someone out there will benefit from it.