We are halfway through the year, and hopefully the resolutions that we have made when it started, we probably have not broken them yet.
If you are like most people, you must have made some resolutions such as losing weight, saving more money or drinking less etc, only to find that in a couple of weeks you have given up on the resolutions and have gotten back to the old habits. Resolutions can be hard to keep up with, but when it comes to your relationship, there are a few things that you can decide on for the new year, and believe me, they are much easier to stick with than the other resolutions.
1. Say you are sorry – being in a relationship and loving someone means that you will need to say you are sorry quite a bit. You can always win an argument, but it does not help your relationship if the person you are with is feeling like trash. Remember, you are with someone you care about, and you should be on the same team working towards the same goals.
Related: Tips to have a great relationship
2. Snuggle more – especially if your person loves snuggling with you. A lot of the time we think sex is extremely important, and it is. However, there are times when women just want to be held, just want to snuggle and enjoy intimacy without it leading to sex. I promise you, it will improve your relationship a lot.
3. Eat and work out like you are single – Of course we all want to be with that special person who loves us no matter how we look, however, we must never stop caring about how we look. Taking care of ourselves will not only make us feel great, but the woman in our life will also be happy that their person takes care of themselves and they care about how they look.
4. Be realistic and cut down on the long list of things that you want in a woman – Realize that there is not one perfect person in the world, including you. I am in no way saying that you should have no standards at all when it come to the woman in your life, however, if your list is 2 pages long, then it is really not going to work. You are too picky, and imagine if you had to have all the qualities that you are expecting?
5. Stop comparing your woman to other women – whether it is women in your past or those that cross your path, stop comparing her. She is who she is and she should have the opportunity to be herself to you without having to fill shoes of certain people that she knows nothing about.
Related : Keep your love burning
6. Be logical – if your relationship is new, enjoy the fireworks that you are enjoying. If it has been going on for a while, you cannot expect to stay in the same excitement level that you experience with a new relationship. Realize that things will settle down and you might not have the same butterflies that you used to have in your stomach, but realize that you can keep it fresh and interesting.
7. Give her the attention that she deserves – When you have the “you” time, stop focusing on other things that clutter your time together. Focus on her, stop the chatting on your phone, get off the phone, leave the psp and just enjoy quality time. Listen attentively as she talks to you, and be “present”
8. Really put the past behind – give your relationship the best chance that you can, and leave the past where it belongs. If you have baggage of the past (and most of us do) where an ex hurt you and broke your heart, you need to forgive them so that you are able to move on. This does not condone what they did to you, but holding on to hurt, anger and bitterness will only affect your relationship negatively. Forgive yourself if you need to and open yourself to new possibilities.
9. Have fun in your relationship – the excuse that you are bored in the relationship should not even be entertained. Stop being boring, try out something new with your woman, go out, have fun and always make time for fun.
10. Spoil each other – I am not talking about messing up your whole budget here, just small gifts or gestures that show her that you care, that you are thinking about her will go a long way in putting a smile on her face. A romantic massage, her favorite flowers, cooking for her, helping out in keeping the place clean, a romantic candle lit dinner – the list is endless!
Related : ways to keep a great woman
11. Keep your manners during arguments – arguments tend to bring the worst in all of us, but you need to decide that you will not call her names or say horrible things that you will not be able to take back. We can all make excuses and say that the other person pushed us to do or say the things that we say, however, we need to be more responsible about what we do/say.
12. Live in the moment – Yes, planning is good and of course as a couple there should be some goals that you are working towards. However, yesterday is gone and tomorrow is NOT here. Today is all we have, and we can make a choice to live the best life we can right now.
13. Try never to go to bed angry – Remember every moment that you are angry is a moment you are robbing yourself of happiness, and it is time that you can never get back.
14. Compliment her often – Women love knowing that they look good in the eyes of their significant others, so put a smile on a her face. Let her know she is still as attractive as when you met her.
15. Tell her you love her – Make sure you tell her how much you love her, so that there is never a moment where she is not sure!
Related : Woo and spoil her
Through the ups and downs of your relationship, let her know how much you care and how special she is to you. Very often, we only realize what someone meant to us once they are gone, do not let it happen to you. The grass is NOT greener on the other side, and if you just watered your grass instead of chasing whatever you think is out there, you would be just fine! Actions speak louder than words, so your actions should spell out just what you mean to her.