Women are very self conscious when they have to tell certain things to their gynecologists, especially things that have to do with their sexual history. The truth of the matter is that, you should tell your gynecologist, just because the issues that you have will tell them more about you and the kind of treatment you need.
So, here are things that you must never hide from your gynecologist :
1. Unusual discharge or pain – an unusual discharge is definitely a sign that something is wrong with you. It is a sign that your body is trying to tell you that there’s a possibly of an std or sti that you picked up, like herpes, gonorrhea or others.
2. Unexpected or heavy bleeding – you should tell your gynecologist, because your body maybe signalling that there are issues with your hormones that need to be dealt it.
3. If you are pregnant – When you have conceived a baby or you think that you are pregnant, you must mention this to your gynecologist. This is one discussion that you must have with your gynae, as they will know which steps to take.
4. If you had sex without protection – If you do have unprotected sex, you have basically opened your heath to dangerous things. Sex without protection can lead to pregnancy, and worse, you can get HIV and other std’s, so it is imperative that you see a gynae soon.
5. Consistent bloating with pelvic persistent pain or pressure – with these, the symptoms may occur differently and when they do, they signify something else. When they happen together though, that’s when you should be worried that they could be a sign of ovarian cancer, which is very serious. You must see a gynae as soon as possible.
6. If having sex physically hurts – when this happens you might have vulvodynia, which should be looked into asap.
Us women have a lot of issues that may require a gynecologist. The important thing is to remember that no matter how embarrassing a problem may be,it is in our best interest to tell our doctors, so that we can get the help that we need asap.