Simple but Amazing Things That You Should Be Thankful For – Most of us complain about things that we are unhappy about, but we forget just how lucky we are. It crossed my mind the other day, that even though I do not have all the things I am hoping for, I am still blessed. There is always someone out there who is having a harder time than you, there is always someone who has had a worse day than you.
So today, I wanted to look at the many things that we have been blessed with, but that we take for granted. So today, look at your life, and what you have been blessed with, and be thankful.
1. Be thankful for the family you have – there are people out there who lost their loved ones and who are in a lot of pain because they do not have the family to share with their lives. Be thankful for the spouse you have and the children you have. Be thankful for your parents and anyone else who is giving you love and who cares about you.
2. Be thankful for a roof over your head – there are so many people in the world who do not have a home to call their own. Some people call under a bridge their home, some people are on the streets, some are in shelters and some have not even been that lucky. The fact that you have a room over your head, that you have running water and that you have food in your stomach, that is huge. Be thankful knowing that other people were not as lucky as you.
3. Be thankful for your job – a lot of people tend to complain about their jobs, because it is not what they want to do. Remember that those who are less fortunate than you, those who are retrenched, those that are unemployed would give the world to have a job, exactly like the one you have.
4. Be thankful for the clothes that you are wearing – During this winter, imagine there is someone out there who is cold because they do not have warm clothes to wear. Be thankful that you have warm clothes to wear, and stop complaining that you are not wearing the latest fashion.
5. Be thankful for your health – There are lots of people in hospital right now, or those who are sad because they have been given a few months to live. You have been blessed with great health, you are not in pain and that is a great blessing.
6. Be thankful that you had a meal to eat – Thousands upon thousands are hungry right now, and while you are complaining that the food you ate did not have the 6 colours, others would have given anything to put something inside their tummies.
7. Be thankful that you are alive – Lots of people have passed on, and they will never get a chance to come back and be all that they wanted to be. You are here right now, and you still have the opportunity to be what you want, to do the things you love and to be who you want to be.
Though time may stretch to eternity, it does not stretch for us. Life is short, therefore you should be the best version of you that you can be while you have the time. Do the things that you love, be what you want to be, take the risk that is necessary for you to take, love the people in your life and be kind to those around you. You are blessed already, be thankful and all the other things that you are dreaming of are on their way.
So what are you grateful for in your life? We would love to hear from you.