Recharge Your Metabolism
Achieving the goals that you want to really achieve boils down to having the motivation you need to pursue them. Sometimes, it can be hard to do what you need to do, even though you know that you should. This period where you lack motivation can stretch to a lot of time, that’s why you should make sure you get out of that mode asap.
So, to help you, here is how to get motivated daily to keep going for your dreams:
1. Get Started – Every single tip boils down to this one single important step. The other tips pertain to this one step, and without this one step, the others just do not mean anything, and they will not be much use to you without actually getting started. So, leap, start, do something! Do not focus on the challenge that the task is gong to be, or just how much time you have to devote to it. The hardest part is that first step, and once you do that you will be more motivated, as you realise that it is much easier than you think.
2. Use that positive voice inside of you – You have to squash that negative self talk that is going on in your mind. If you want your goal to be, you have to start seeing it as a probability, not just something that is possible. Tell yourself and believe that you can do it, statements like “I am going to do great”, “I am going to do soo well” or “I am going to lose that 10 pounds”. Repeating positive self talk can help you get psyched up, and your self conscious might even believe you.
3. Hang out with people who inspire you to be better – People who make you want to be better and do better are people you should want in your life. These are people whose habits you should be copying, it is their qualities that you should want to mimic and copy and learn from. Study them, after all they are smart, they are driven and they are able to motivate you to no end. Ask about their journeys, and you are bound to get inspired.
4. Think about how far you have come – You have made great strides and you have made a lot of progress, I hope you realise it and acknowledge it. You really ought to give yourself a pat on the back on how far you have come. Here is an idea, how about writing it all down, and get surprised by just how much you have accomplished thus far. Patience is going to play a part, as it’s not going to happen overnight.
5. Look at your failures as a time to learn – I love what Michael Jordan said about his failures,“I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”
When you fail, look at it as a learning curve, look at it as growth. Know that it is not a permanent thing, and remember that it is passing.When pursuing your goals, there will be failures along the way, accept that. The only thing that will make those failures permanent is if you were to give up on your dreams. Keep pushing!
6. Breakdown your goals – When it comes to the goals that you have, they should be smart goals. What this means is that, they have to be specific, they have to be measurable, they have to be achievable, they have to be relevant and they have to have a time limit attached to them. Go for something huge, but not too huge that it is out of reach. Break your goals down into bits and pieces that you are able to track on a weekly and monthly basis. If you are able to put a daily plan for your goals, even better because every week you can look back and see what you are accomplishing. There’s no better motivation than that.
7. Tell as many people about your goal as you possibly can – This way, you can be accountable, because it takes a certain commitment to tell people about your plans. If you can tell your friends, family, colleagues or whoever else you want to, you will commit to working as hard as you can to achieve those goals. So go for it.
8. See yourself having achieved your goal – you need to be able to see yourself achieving your goal. Visualise how it is going to feel, visualise how happy you will be, see yourself smiling and being happy. Put your goal where you can see it every single day, at home or at work, so you are constantly focused on it.
9. Devote some time to it everyday – Each day most of us have to do things that we are not passionate about such as cleaning, doing laundry. When it comes to your goals, you should be pumped up, so much so that the other boring things that you have to do don’t bug you so much, because you know you are going places because of where your passion is going to take you. Everyday, focus on your goal, do something that will take you closer to it.
Now you know how to get motivated, go out there and make it happen for yourself.
Photo by: Lisandro Enrique