If you are stuck doing bad habits when what you really want it to be creating good habits, then this article is for you. If you are like millions of people out there who struggling with making the changes that they need to make in their lives, it could be anything, trying to lose weight, getting up earlier, paying their bills etc, there is a reason you are stuck in a place you don’t wanna be, doing things that you don’t really want to be doing.
Here are the reasons why you are failing at changing your life around:
How to Fail at Habits
1. You are trying to tackle too many habits all at once – Most of us have a lot of things in our lives that we are unhappy about, as a result we are trying to change all of them at once. This will never work out, because we are spreading our focus on all the different things, and we are also spreading the energy we are supposed to be using. So, its not a good idea to spread yourself, rather focus on one thing.
2. Tackling habits that you do not enjoy – the habits you start with should be a habit that you really want to change, and you should have a compelling reason to want to change it. Discipline plays a part, but it helps if it is something that you really want to change.
3. Keep it from everyone around you – you do not share your habit with your loved ones, which is how you protect yourself from being accountable if you do not step up to it. Habits should be shared, so that you can be accountable if you fail or not do what is required to properly form them.
4. Dive into it – Habits are a big deal, and you have to properly plan for them. You need to be able to foresee the challenges that you are going to face, and have a plan on how to go over them or around them. If you take it lightly and jump in before you are mentally ready, then you probably will fail.
5. Not finding out how others before have gotten success – learning about other people and how they have managed to be successful is a great way to be motivated and learn. Learning how they did it will give you the extra edge to go for yours, because it will prove to you that it can be done of you follow a certain plan.
6. Not motivating yourself – habits are hard to form, and you have to be motivated to keep going even when you feel like quitting.
7. Surround yourself with opportunities to quit – If your goal is to start eating healthily, you are going to sabotage yourself if you are going to surround yourself with junk foods in your fridge and in your cupboards.
If you are looking to succeed with your habits, these 7 points will ensure that you fail. Avoid these points, and you are better off than most people out there. Habits are life changing, and if you want to succeed, you better take it seriously and avoid these points.