For years I have read about successful people and how they have pushed their hustle. I have learned that the key to their success comes from the goals that they make, and how they stay positive and believe that their dreams and goals will come through no matter what. I have also learned that they have rituals, things that they do everyday of their lives that align them with what they want to achieve and where they want to go. Rituals that set them up for the kind of day that they want to have.
So, I am big on habits, positive habits that will enhance my life and my health. So in 2013 and forever, I am going all out. Instead of saying it does not work, I am going to do my own experiment and learn how to be unstoppable. In fact, I know it works, so I am committing to doing this for at least 30 days.
I guess it will be me spending time with me, which is important to me. Gotta love me and spend time with me before I can expect anyone to.
The trick is to to be fully committed to it, and to do it without fail everyday. So this is life altering for me, here goes:
1. Smile – the very first thing I am planning to do is to smile. Smile that I am alive, smile that I have a chance of a brand new day to do something great with my life, and smile that I will be a day closer to my goals.
2. Stretch and take deep breaths – this will be awakening my muscles and getting myself awake and alert.
3. Drink a glass of water – our bodies lose water while we sleep, so in the morning we are actually dehydrated in the morning. What a great way to start the day by drinking a glass of water.
4. Say a prayer – This is the time that I connect with my creator, and just thank Him for the brand new day, and ask him for his guidance, favour and grace throughout the day.
5. Engage my emotions – This is when I am going to channel my focus on the areas that are important to me. It is important to direct my emotions towards the way I want to feel and the way I want the day to go. Important questions to focus on include:
“What am I happy about in my life right now?
What am I excited about in my life right now?
What am I proud of in my life?
What am I grateful for in my life?
What am I passionate about in my life right now?
What am I committed to in my life right now?
Who do I love? Who loves me?”
Courtesy Tony Robbins Awaken the Giant Within.
6. Purpose and Vision – Then I read my vision, my purpose, which is ultimately my driving force to what I want out of my life and where I want to move towards. I look at my goals, and the reasons why I want to achieve them.
7. Encouraging words – I read something positive and compelling, that will take me through the day, so that whatever negativity comes along, it finds me strong, rooted and unshakable.
8. Plan my day – Write a list of the top 5 things that I need to do for that day, in order of importance.
9. Workout or exercise – For me right now, it is to walk at least 30 minutes a day. This is because I am just starting out and it will probably change as the year progresses.
That is my plan, what is yours? It is your turn to create your power hour, so that you can gear up for the day and be unstoppable. Those who have morning rituals swear by them, so now its for and me to benefit from them. I am kicking mine off asap, so tomorrow I am going to go through the whole ritual.
If you are not living your best life right now, the morning ritual you have right now is probably not working for you. So, lets do this, you will thank yourself later.