Looking back at our lives, we always see the past as the “good old times”, and for some reason it seems that life was less complicated back then. It seems life was easier than it is now.
But, I think part of that is because as people, we tend to complicate things and make them hectic than they are supposed to be.
The great news is that life can be simple again, and here is how:
1. Do not put someone in a position where they need to understand whats going on with you, by reading your mind. Simply communicate what you are feeling or thinking.
2. Be sweet, be polite, but don’t try to make a friend out of everyone. Focus on the people who are closest to your heart.
3. Prioritize your health, make sure you get medical checks every now and then to make sure you are ok.
4. Don’t spend money you don’t have, live a life you can afford. Before buying something, think about whether you really need it.
5. Sleep enough every day, your body needs it and your productivity is tied to that.
6. Wake up early, this will ensure that you are better prepared for the day instead of rushing to get that proper start.
7. Do not leave things bottled up. Talk about what’s bothering you, forgive someone who hurts you and shake hands or hug as a symbol of peace.
8. Surround yourself with people who are better than you at some of the things. Let them shine at what they do best, and focus on those things that you do well.
9. Organize your space, and do not get comfortable with a space that does not reflect what you want.
10. Give away things that you do not need to people who need them.
11. Ask for help or ask questions, especially when you don’t understand.
12. You can never please everyone, no matter how hard you try. So stop wasting your time trying.
13. We all feel down sometimes, but don’t use drugs or drink alcohol in those moments. Instead, take a jog and release your normal body happiness.
14. Pay your bills on time, and avoid all the trouble that you can get into if you don’t.
15. Stop at the gas station after work, when you have more time and you are more relaxed. It beats doing it in the morning when you are late and running for work.
16. Get closer to where you work, you will cut on your commute time, and of course you will also save money.
17. Never ever steal, it’s a bad habit and it will only land you in trouble.
18. Be honest with yourself, and others. Always!
19. Tell the people you love that you love them.
20. Don’t be busy with a million things at once. Focus on one thing at any given time, so that you are able to give it your 100%.
21, Be yourself, always and be truthful to who you are.
22. Pack light when you take trips, don’t take things you do not need.
23. Clean up as soon as you make a mess, there is no reason to put off that process.
24. Cook, it’s great and relaxing.
25. Don’t get involved with people and their drama. Strive to be as drama free as possible.
26. Buy with cash, every time you can.
27. If you don’t like doing something, then don’t do it. As long as it does not affect anyone negatively, then its ok.
28. Smile. Yes smile, even to those people that you don’t know. It makes you look that much more amazing.
29. Apologize when you are wrong.
30. Strive to learn. Learn something new with every opportunity you have.
31. Stop worrying about people’s thoughts about you . . . it really does not change your life one bit.
32. Make time to spending it with people who are doing what you want to and those that are where you want to be.
33. Don’t text while you are driving, and avoid drinking while behind the wheel.
34. Let go of things that you cannot change and those that you have no control over.
35. While looking on the journey of life, realise the more you commit and work towards what you want, the more your luck will increase.
36. Follow your heart and follow your dreams. After all, life is too short to be following other people’s dreams.
37. However great or bad a situation is, it is subject to change.
38. Being jealous is really a waste of time. Instead of competing with someone, you should be focusing on you and being better than you were yesterday.
39. Make mistakes, learn from them, laugh about them, and move on with your life.
Image credit: www.marcandangel.com
Stop complicating your life and embrace life for what it is.